Internet of Things – ABRA Gen IoT Platform
Higher profits. New Opportunities. Better service. Discover the world of IoT.
The world around us is full of things that carry information. Each has a weight, a temperature, vibrations, composition, wear rate, and the like. These can be measured, stored and used for decision-making later thanks to the elements of the Internet of Things (sensors and actuators, connected remotely by radio signal, often not requiring powering).
But wait! There’s more. Data can be plugged into your information system, analyzed and linked to anything and everything that is already in the system.
Moreover, you can use the definable rules to perform automated steps – lowering storage temperature, changing air, sending alerts to the operator, etc. These steps mean tangible improvements, such as increased durability, improved performance, reduced downtime, and time savings.
Discover the world of interconnected information and get the right answers to key questions with ABRA’s IoT solution.
Benefits of the ABRA IoT Platform
- Objects and data in the ABRA Gen system is directly connected to the information from sensors and things.
- The integration platform is independent of the supplier of the sensors.
- Data is stored and processed in a realtime database; the aggregated data and event information is then forwarded to ABRA Gen.
- The information is on hand in the system – e.g. the stock card shows a warehouse temperature graph, vibrations during transport, or simply whether the transport and storage limits have been observed.
Adequate and accurate information helps reduce business risks and prevent the wasting of time and resources.
A device developed by ABRA Software for setting up and testing IoT functions in companies.
Would you like to hear some specific scenarios?
Here they are:
- Tracking of rentals A rental service installs accelerometers with GPS trackers on the devices it rents out. The system receives data that points out discrapancies – e.g. if someone else borrows the device or the device is in continuous operation for a longer time than it should be…
- Fresh air monitoring. Different workplaces are outfitted with a carbon dioxide sensor. When the level rises above the set limit, the system sends out a warning that the room should be aired out
- Measuring temperature during transport. Thanks to the Internet and intelligent sensors, it is possible to measure the temperature in the cargo space of a moving truck and send it to the system. In addition to tracking the location and order status, the customer can also see that the wine they ordered is not freezing or exposed to too high a temperature.
Can you think of any other scenarios? Let us know and we will create a custom solution for you.
IoT Technical Solutions
There are 5 basic prerequisites needed for IoT to work:
- A sensor (or sensor software) to measure a specific value.
- A system of drivers transmitting the collected data into the buffer database.
- ABRA Software provides drivers from Siemens, Sigfox and other companies.
- Internet connectivity uses dedicated IoT networks, distinguished by low energy consumption. We provide data transfer via Sigfox, Simatic, IQRF and MQTT networks.
- A realtime cloud-based database that can handle billions of data.
- ABRA Software offers its proprietary real-time ABRA IoT Hub solution, which not only receives and stores data, but also sends alerts (such as triggering an alarm) according to pre-set rules. At the same time, it decides which data to send to the information system.
- API, which connects the database with the information system.ABRA Software offers its proprietary ABRA Gen WebAPI solution, which can “unlock” the door of our ERP system to allow data to pass into it.
- An information system that conects the received data to the correct item and evaluates it, triggers alerts, or initiates a specific activity. The pre-set rules determine which data enters the system via the API.
- ABRA Gen settings include the “IoT Data” tab which displays the content of the received data for a specific business object.
- This tab will also later include the ABRA BI solution, which will display data in clear, attractive graphics.